VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi how do identify my engine I have recently bought a 2.5 tdi 1996 lwb panel van to covert
Rocker cover sats ACV but have been told it is a 5 cylinder 2.4 with turbo conversion on AAB engine how can I tell?
Also where is the ecu situated can I tell from that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VAN JEDI ......
Is there any particular part of the engine you need to see IE injectors etc ???????
Thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
Take a picture of the engine, the injectors in particular. If there's one with a cable sticking from the side of the injector then it's a TDI 2.5 5 cylinders....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for dely guys if you need any more i know how to do it now thanks any help would be good

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what to do now? any sugestions great fully accepted!

my problem is i have to work with what i have and try to boost power even a little to cope with pulling my caravan up hill
sugestions please!:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Not too much you can do to tweak the known to be slow 2.4. (but by all accounts (including my own) they are a strong engine. start with the usual de cat exhaust,

best to make sure it's running good ( regular service & filters) and check the throttle cable as they can stretch and limit your power.

Some here have added larger air intake from an ACV, added intercoolers, converted them to take a turbo (check out Lumoxs buid thread)... or even dropped the engine out completely for a 1.9tdi golf.

on the very plus side they do run very well on veg oil and at 80p a litre what's not to like? T:

good luck T:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts