VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand there are 3 types of service if you go to the VW dealer. and im pretty sure my last service 140K was the middle one of the 3.

Ive got a 52 plate 1.9TD

So just wondering what happens at 150K? Im looking at doing it myself to help save money. The cam belt was changed at 147K which was a matter of months ago.

140K it had Air, Fuel and Pollen filter, oil and break fluid change.
145K it had Air, Fuel and pollen filter again, oil flushed and changed, Rad was topped up to correct spec.
147K Cambelt, Water pump, Alternator, Powersteering pump, Aux belt, Bottom Crank Pulley.

So whats next?

Also how do you turn the service light off when it comes on? only a few hundred miles away now.

Many Thanks

Ed

·
Registered
334 Posts
i wouldnt worry about servicing it yet. if it had oil air fuel and pollen filter a 5k ago.

do oil and oil filter at 160K and maybe air and fuel but unless you do lots of miles in short journeys then i wouldnt worry too much personally.

defo do it yourself it is really cheap to do.

VCDS will turn off the service light.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who is VCDS?

So there is nothing else that needs doing that hasnt been done yet?

Many Thanks for reply

·
Registered
334 Posts
VCDS stand for vagcom diagnostic software, its a cable and software you can buy to interface your laptop with your van.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Vehicles on longlife service intervals must have the service interval indicator reset using suitable diagnostic equipment
Vehicles on fixed interval servicing can be reset as follows

Press and hold in the right hand button on the speedo clock
Switch on the ignition
The word SERVICE will appear in the trip recorder display
Releace the right hand button
Turn the left hand button in a clockwise direction to reset the display
Switch ignition off

I have a 2.5 tdi and this works

The 2 buttons refered to are in the speedo/revcounter display
one resets your tripomiter and the other is used to reset your clock >???? I think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts