VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2353 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
I have just booked our T5 onto the tunnel to go out end of July and come back end of Sept. Destination, who knows. Cheap as chips thanks to Tesco vouchers.T:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just de badged the rear, just need to fit the gloss black VW badge now. All part of my loving black even though cleaning it drives me crazy thing.
Also for some strange reason realised that my windows open and close off the remote, it never occurred to me before.
Brian

·
Registered
663 Posts
Washed ,hoovered and windows cleaned inside T:T:T:T:

Even did the other halves car lol.:D:D:D

Bonus point hopefully as still to get a few things before weather starts to pick up lol:D:D:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've spray painted front and back bumpers, ordered a replacement cable for the A/C selector, wired in new parking sensors and attempted to fit a secondary switch for locking the van from the back but couldn't figure it out and gave up ?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Oil light on
Put in oil
Oil light still on
Google problem
Forum says bonnet switch/disconnect battery
Did it
Job's a good'un
VWT4FORUM does it again...T:T:

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,330
Just the last week or so ...

- ordered and collected a brand new tailgate without window
- added highline doortrim in the front doors
- fitted an Atiwe sports steering wheel
- fitted multivan curtains in the cab
- retrofitted cruise control
- fitted black and red rear lights
- fitted a single DIN android radio

and last but not least fitted my Borbet A rims with a brand new set of BF Goodrich A/T tyres yesterday ...

50mm lift kit and the 2mm steel bash pan are probably the next things to get done.

/M

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,332
So .. I dug the roofrack for the T4 out of the back of the shed today.

It's an ex ESB (irish electrical supplier) multipurpose ladder roof rack for a LWB T4.

We started with cutting the ladder locks of the back, to make an open rear for the rooftent.

I just didn't remember, that it was this wide. So I fear it looks a bit naff now. Opinions are appreciated.

/M

·
Registered
64 Posts
Today I have been mainly trying to get my nearly dead t5.1 working. Was running two days ago and now no dashboard lights (engine ones) and loads of vagcom faults! The immobiliser is kicking in so can't drive it.

I'm thinking it's no ecu power, got the main relay out and have taken the top off. Will plug back in tomorrow and manually make the micro switch contact, fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,336
Installed a rearview mirror with integrated dash-cam and reverse cam function today.

Initial temp install of rear cam

Wired correctly into central electrics ... no butchering cable looms

Front view 1296p

Rear view 720p. Extremely useful for me, as I have a solid bulkhead in the crewcab with no window, so can't see out back.

Rear cam also has a reverse light wire, which flicks the screen into reverse cam mode, buttom part of the video feed, with parking lines. Extremely good, when trying to reverse to a trailer.

The dash cam is an Auto-Vox X1 Pro. They do not come cheap, but it's worth the money.

/M

·
Registered
2 Posts
T5.1 to T5-X front bumper upgrade from Van-X.
Total novice but found it straight forward enough. Looks awesome with upgraded ‘shark eye’ headlights.
Sorry no idea how to post pics though so if someone can advise please, I shall post..if anyone’s interested ?

2321 - 2340 of 2353 Posts