VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I've got a 1.9td 2001 t4 and was wondering what the hp was. The engine number starts ABL-------. I only want to know as I'm going to buy a t5 and I have allways been happy with my little engine and would want a similar hp as it is so economical. I'm not into speed in the slightest. The smallest hp t5 seems to be around 85hp and Im sure my t4 is around the 70hp mark. Am I right in thinking this ?

Gareth

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
Yes 68 bhp, I believe the T5's are quite thirsty though, perhaps someone could confirm that as I've the little economical 19td too,

·
Registered
865 Posts
i have a 2.5 102bhp t4 and my friend runs a 1.9 t5.....both do pretty much the same on fuel and both are pretty matched in performance, exapt mine is better on hills due to the extra torque...
so i would say the t5 is gonna be more juicy on fuel but you'll get a hell of alot more power
hope this helps:ILU:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, do you really want to join the dark side ?
I've had my t4 six years and I just fancy a new project. It's been a great van and I've been all over Europe in it. Mine is a full high top camper (hence the ice cream van name) but I think i'll go with a tin top t5 next time. My passion is motorbikes and i compete in trials. The van is my transport for that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a 2.5 102bhp t4 and my friend runs a 1.9 t5.....both do pretty much the same on fuel and both are pretty matched in performance, exapt mine is better on hills due to the extra torque...
so i would say the t5 is gonna be more juicy on fuel but you'll get a hell of alot more power
hope this helps:ILU:
Helps a lot. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts