VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
KDF Necro Ambulist
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for ages and appoligies for that lack of input into the forum (great reasource btw)

But what is a chassis notch, why would you need it and has anyone got any pics of their notch I:

Just curious T:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
It's sole purpose is to lower the vehicles ride height, it allows the lowering parts room to sit. You physically cut away a section of the chassis, reweld the cut out area to strengthen the notch. Simples.

Why any plum would want to do this is beyond me?:*

·
KDF Necro Ambulist
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you thinking that would weaken the chassis then?

I'm assuming it's notching the bit above the upper arm then, cutting away the bumpstop :*

Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here I:

·
Registered
356 Posts
hi velle ,my notch was done 6 months ago by an welder fabricator ,cost me 500 notes ,well worth it ,he took 30mm out of chassis between the two locating bolts and fabricated a total of 4 seperaite 10mm u sections ,two of these welded into notch and the other 2 sections bolted in the same fashion as the orriginal top plates are at presant ,if you go onto this thread it tells you all about it (project low continues) in suspension ,make your self a large cup of tea first ,one of largest threads on here last time i looked theres about 60 or more pages:eek:

·
KDF Necro Ambulist
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mitton, thanks for that mate T:

Did to relocate your shocks or modify/replace the existing mount? And how much lower are you able to get it now and does it bottom out at all. :*

Soz for bombarding you with questions mate and yea "Browners thread" is great T:

·
Registered
356 Posts
hi velle yes the shocks are relocated with new oem bumps on the same new fabricated plate ,also fitted new shortened gaz shocks shortened drop links with new bushes ,plus the torrision bar nuts are fully wound down ,no bottoming out on bump stops or arches because ive rolled and flared them outwards ,the only down side is that the engine craddle is only 50 mm off floor ,so get a bumpy road and she scuffs ,dosnt bother me in the slightest ,but my wife goes on sometimes ,but thats how it is this low lark is,looks the nuts tho

ps did your cupper go cold reading project low continues

·
KDF Necro Ambulist
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mitton, thas great T:

P.s, I fired up the burco ;)

If I think of owt else I'll post up. looking good btw love them arches :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts