VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi when I'm reading the forum threads I see loads of various comments about our vans, some say fautless, bullet proof etc others say endless money pit always something going wrong, So as the title says what is in your opinion the most common, annoying fault on your bus !

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Do you want a list of everything that goes wrong regularly and/or to soon or a list of design faults ?

Most vehicles have bad points ,inherently bad design or built in obsolescence .

A list would obviously be interesting but probably better would be a vote/suggestion campaign from the forum users for the most wanted stickys in the tech section.

The t4s are old now and will be having the normal wear and tear probs , as well as the problems peculiar to the van , but some will have flown through the years with relatively few problems ,due to good basic maintenance ,low/type of usage and the luck maybe of getting a good un in the first place.

While not complaining about how the forum is run ( personally I am made up that there is this facility online run by knowledgeable and competent people ) I would like the info collected together in more easily findable sections .

I don't know anything about the structure of a web site and how hard or easy it is to manipulate info stored on one ,maybe its just to difficult/time consuming so fair enough ,this is just my perfect world scenario .

I do think people should title their posts better so that the heading actually refers to the problems more clearly to facilitate easier searches ( I am guilty of not doing this myself).

Dont get me wrong the forum is great ,and the people running it already do a great job of keeping it informative ,lighthearted and matey and must have to dedicate a fair amount of time to it just so me and people like me can dip in whenever.

Maybe time for a spring clean ,or just tell me to sod off :)

Any way thanks for providing a valuable resource ,and all the best to everyone on it for the New Year.T:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Practise using the search facility BEFORE you need it, then the information you require will just be a few keystrokes away because pretty well every possible problem has been raised on here before usually several times.

Same for Google and try different ways of searching.

(Kate was having a bit of trouble with her Kindle & "couldn't find any answers on the computer". She was trying to be too specific & technical. I told her to just type in the problem as she would ask someone face to face and lo and behold there it was)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.