VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi noticed this today whilst changing some vacum hoses does any one now what it is? And what it is used for? Looks like some sort of filter.

This is located mid engine right of the intercooler on a 102 2.5 tdi

thanks climberian! :D

·
Registered
362 Posts
i dont know what it is, but i got one on my 102 and my unce has one on his 109 lt when he went to vw to get a new one because it looked dirty, the parts man said it was aftermarket, to which my uncle pointed out that it was there from new and had vw stamped on it, the parts man then said he didnt know either lol:D ( apparently he'd been working there for 12 years and never been asked for one)

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
i have one on my 88hp but mines cleaner I:,its actually called a doofendanger which is located right next to the gigglingpin,i bought one from my local motor factors when i was in getting blue sparks for my grinder :D

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Tiz a filter so no crud gets into the N75 wastegate control valve and the EGR control valve.
Simples:ILU:

·
Registered
362 Posts
i think the description of what it does is pretty good but i have been looking into it and have dicovered its acctuall name is a bygmannboobs so if you pop to your local vww van place and ask if hes got any im sure he'll suprise you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts