VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I have just bought my first T4 and it is currently completely stripped out in the back. My question is what jobs do you recommend I do before plying the back out. The obvious one would be putting windows in (which is on my list) but can you think of any jobs that you have done that you wished you could've done before the van was plyed. Any advice is muchly appreciated. Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
when you get the windows done you might have 2 options, inner rubbers fitted to windows or not fitted. problem is if you have them fitted you probably wont be able to remove them due to them being stuck in place by the window glue( factory fitted rubbers are removable I believe) when you carpet you need to tuck carpet under the seal and if you cant remove it then this is a problem. I opted to not have them fitted for this reason and you cant fit the rubbers after due to glue. handy tip if you go down the no rubber road, when you do the carpet round the windows allow 15mm extra so you can tuck it down between the window.T:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Rust , Rust , Rust ...!!! Inspect very carefully for any floor , inner cill , panels corrosion , etc ..!! Start knowing you have years of life , in solid metal , before anything else , everywhere ..!! If you need any welding , panels , etc .. do it now , or you will regret it , along with the extra cost of stripping out again ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Consider where and how you are going to attach any units etc.
And see what holes etc you may need to make in the ply to get at mount points etc if you intend to attach to the metal work.
Especially if you are going to carpet it.
In my experience drilling through carpeted ply or metal is a PITA - you'd be much better to mark it and drill it before hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts