VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, please could anyone suggest what make tyres to get for my T4. They are 235/40ZR18 95W XL.
Had a rear blow out today on my only good tyre. Gonna replace all 4. Not made of money but don't know if to go for Capitol, Arrowspeed, Runway, GT Radial Champion, Wanli, Nankane or Falkin. Can I get away with budget or go for mid range tyre?
Any thoughts would be welcome to to new boy :)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
depends on what kind of motoring you do . I bought a set of wheels,tyres cheap , some years back , from someone changing to alloys . Tyres were budget , and I never felt safe in the wet with them , cornering . The grip just wasnt there ..!! First time I had driven on cheap tyres . The shoulder tread was shallow , and I had a few ...moments...with the front end suddenly drifting , esp. on roundabouts , sharp bends ..!! And I,m no boy racer ..!! Prior to that , always had Goodyears , Firestones , etc . Just had Firestone 195/60,s fitted to my newly chrome powder coated steels , £60 a rim , +vat ...

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
get the best you can afford... am looking for a two for the front of mine at the minute but they will be commercial tyres , you should maybe reconsider the load rating of your tyre especially if you carry heavy loads / people etc I:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i've got the same size tyre on my T4 have a set of kumho's on the back which have done 10000 miles now trouble free and have a set of budgets sunew on the front which have done about 5000 again trouble free, was always a bit sceptical with budgets before and always tried mid range, but haven't had any problems. think the kumhos cost me around £240 fitted and the sunews were about £140

1 - 5 of 5 Posts