VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Coilovers - £500
Colour code - £700 / sportline front end - £?
Retrim to leather - £600
Stainless steel straight through exhaust -£?
Remap - £300
Spoiler - £250
New Wheels - £1000
Insulate, sound deaden and carpet - £350
New stereo, speakers and amp - £1500

Just a few ideas

·
Registered
38 Posts
For what its worth (and its cheaper) i would defo go for the facelift front endT:. It looks the business. Wish i had £6000k to spend on mine:( Leather captains seats are a must!!

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I'm in a similar position. Have decided to sell my Evo8 but haven't really tried yet, what I get for it will buy my pop top amongst other things!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
i would defo go for the facelift front endT:. .
Why ? - I just don't understand why anyone with enought taste to by a VW would want to try & make it look like something it clearly is not..................

May not do a lot for the resale value either.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Agree with most of the posts except the new shape front end ??????

Remap is next on my list, Then maybe a retrim in leather. New ply floor and carpet the rear.

Trouble is with these vans is When do you STOP.???????I::DLOL:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Trouble is with these vans is When do you STOP.???????I::DLOL:
You DON'T!!!! haha just keep them evolving.

Caravelle rear seats on sliding rails with a good Altro hardwearing floor would be a nice start to your budget.

Wheels,
Suspension etc as others have said would use up some more money. Maybe Air ride? That would quickly use up some of the budget. Oh wait, don't think we could get all that for the £6k I:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why ? - I just don't understand why anyone with enought taste to by a VW would want to try & make it look like something it clearly is not..................

May not do a lot for the resale value either.
I suppose its all down to personal choice. I wasnt wishing to make my van look like a new one, i just didnt like the 'jelly mould' non colour coded (dull black) shape of the old one. It was in need of replacing anyway and rather than spend the same amount (some quotes where more expensive) for another or sportline model, i went for the facelift job. The lines are a lot smoother and i feel its not quite so aggresive. The headlights are also much, much better which is a major safety improvemnt. Like i said, its all about personal choiceT:

·
Banned
869 Posts
Welll as you are asking it would be considered impolite not to answer.

If I had 6k to spend on the van I would put the mountain bike in it and fill it with beer head for the alps and wait until the beer run out....

YEE HAH.....

Rasp:

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
What MOD would you do I:I:I:

thats a bit personal :eek:

I guess I'd have to see pictures of them all, and drink a case of stella......................

I've heard Chippys all man LOL:LOL:LOL:

No one is doing me:eek:

Not unless they buy me a beer first:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts