VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
previously known as "cheekychappy84"
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to end of my current contract with Orange - I've been looking on their site but nothing takes my fancy!! I do like the Nokia N97 but Orange don't do it directly!:(

Any recomendations??

·
Registered
362 Posts
i got an lg arena which i think is good but there are probaby newer ones out by now knowing the way it goes had a sony ericson c905 but had so much trouble with it they changed it for a new one then had trouble with that so they offered me a differant phone, i picked the lg and have had no trouble with it, most people mistake it for the i phone cos the screen does similar stuff miss the cam on the 905 but not the trouble, and the ease of use and music player more than make up for it on the arena hope that helps a bit
just to show how bad the 905 was the shop refused to display it anymore because of the amount they had returned same with the n96

·
previously known as "cheekychappy84"
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys - I echo your thoughts and feelings on Sony Ericson - I've sent back 5 phones (various models) in the past year!!

Im gonna keep looking at reviews of a few phones before i make up my mind!

Cheers guys!!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
jack orange in, **** coverage out of city, go to o2 get a iphone its the dogs !!
Rubbish, i'm an outdoor instructor and i use and we have orange for work, most other outdoor instructors i know use orange as well, and i spend most of my time in the country side and hills. Admittedly O2 is also good in the hills T:

·
Registered
42 Posts
My girlfriend has a Nokia N96 and has had loads of trouble with the software.

I have an I-Phone.....best phone I have ever had. I use my phones for hours every day, and have got through 30-40 in the last 20 years. Every manufacturer, I think. Had a Blackberry Pearl for several years, but was having them replaced every six months due to problems. The I-Phone is the first phone I have really loved !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rubbish, i'm an outdoor instructor and i use and we have orange for work, most other outdoor instructors i know use orange as well, and i spend most of my time in the country side and hills. Admittedly O2 is also good in the hills T:
me to and it the best phone i had , apps give links to usefull data an proper gps and mapping
have more signal than with orange

·
Registered
362 Posts
to be honest thogh if you arnt that bothered about the phone, a cheapo one withno gadgets on a budget contract is the way to go, i only got rid of mine cos the c905s camera pulled me in (ended up with the lg which is good after the trouble i had with the sony, luckly they paid my bills while it was away being fixed, 4months in total away 2 months with it in my possesion) but enough advising against sony ( had trouble with there tv too very very poor aftersales service) but my old nokia didnt have anything on it not even a cam but survived years of abuse ( water, fizzy drinks, beer,cider, you name it it was spilt on it, kicked around in my luch bag for ages) my little girl plays with it now as a toy it still works if i charge the battery
as the good old saying goes
they dont make em like they used to
but them i couldnt record my drunken antics, and precious family moments, or store my entire music collection on it( which i can broadcast onto the radio of whatever car im in)

·
Registered
737 Posts
well were do i start, i've three children all on orange contracts plus one for the wife and one for me.
i've got the w995 which is very very good, i've got the c905 which as others have said misses the mark in my eyes, like some i got hooked into the n97 route and to be honest am abit dissapointed, the daughters just gone onto the w995 after using the wifes, my other on is the blackberry bold, cracking phone, i've also got an early iphone only an 8gb ok as a gimmick but not that good as a phone yet others swear by them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts