VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things are starting to get busy and I'm looking into some online Project Management software to help keep track of projects, milestones, client interaction etc....

So far I've been using Nozbe.com but my clients/co-workers have to sign-up to that application prior to them being involved in a project.

So, what project management software do you use??

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Used to keep it simple and use the microsoft one - whos name escapes me.

Not a lot of whistles or bells but evryone had it and it was easy to use and change.

prob not much help really - but in truth it tended to be a paper excercise anyway - schedules PAH!! all they do is change

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Invariably Microsoft Project for schedules and a host of Excel based spreadsheets for everything else at my current client.....not even web- or Sharepoint based.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use VisionProject. It works great for us and we use it both for managing the projects as well as managing the clients. This way it is actually used as a CRM-system as well.
After configuring it the way that suited us, we have had a great help from this system. One good thing is also that I can involve as many clients as I want (in their external portal), but only pay for the internal users, using the core system.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I teach microsoft project and used to teach a PM software called Primavera which I think it is safe to say is one of the best project management softwares out there!

Microsoft Project is an excelllent tool although does have limitations.

If any one needs any advice on Microsoft Project just PM me!

In fact same for all microsoft office products!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand this is a very old post to share on, but would like to know more on project management tools:

I am a work-from-home mom and had been working with several projects and client successfully. Lately, I had been asked to keep track of all my work related data and since this was told by some of my clients, I have got no other option other than to use one.

I had been researching on some tools, such as Replicon, Wrike, Zoho, etc. Some of my clients and friends referred me Replicon - http://www.replicon.co.uk/project-and-program-management and I selected the rest through online search.

Could anyone let me know your feedback on these tools? which would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I use wife 1.0.
Works for me.
If I'm over budget or time. I get a shooting pain down the left side of my head.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I tried bringing Girlfriend 3.0 onboard.
But I found that my skin was incompatable with kitchen knife 2.7.
Which is a real shame.
Although I can walk again now. Which is nice.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use wife 1.0.
Works for me.
If I'm over budget or time. I get a shooting pain down the left side of my head.
I've upgraded to wife 3.0, much improved user interface than previous versions, still prone to the odd meltdown, but as with all IT I simply disconnect the power for 30 secs and usually boots right back up my a**e. LOL:

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
I've upgraded to wife 3.0, much improved user interface than previous versions, still prone to the odd meltdown, but as with all IT I simply disconnect the power for 30 secs and usually boots right back up my a**e. LOL:
Hahahahahaha!!! LOL:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I recently installed Girl-friend 3.0 beta. All the bugs were supposed to be gone, but the first time I used it, it gave me a virus anyway. I had to clean out my whole system and shut down for a while...

Thinking of up-grading again soon to wife 1.0 but I'm not sure I can afford the yearly maintenance costs.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. T:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts