VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an ongoing discussion, what seat bed to have that is safe for kids to travel in. Saved for ages to afford a 130cm Rib, so I can have 3 in back & narrow units, also love the fact you still have loads of storage space.
I Am about to order this week, but I have been reading about the fitting for them, no good in a T4 etc, no fitting kits (only for T5) what do people put in their T4's. What other options are there, I do not want to fit full width Multivan.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I posted about this when I was looking at a RIB bed. There was a company that could supply the T4 bed which was slightly lower that the T5 bed. This is because the arches are higher inside the van on a T5. There was a lad who replied who'd fitted one so I'll try and get the details. I looked at the bedrock by vamoose but thats only 3/4 width

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=410746

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I think I came across that thread when looking earlier! If you do have that info about the seat, that would be great. Everything out there seams to be for T5 now. What did you go for in the end?

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I've bought a pull tested bed from ukpoptops up in gatehead. They had the old showroom bed for the T4 for £1000 but I haven't yet fitted it. That's my next big job. It's the same design as the vamoose bedrock but heavier! I proper buggered my back shifting it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good. I have had the pop tops recommended as well, supposed to be very well made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We got one last Summer from Streamline in Wolverhampton. We found them on Ebay. We wanted a full width one partially because the other half is 6ft 4 but also we wanted 3 belted seats in the back when we were driving with the kids. Streamline were really helpful when we were ordering - they sent us colour swatches so we could decide on the materials used and we went for Black and Red leatherette with 3 headrests. Not cheap at £970 but they fitted it for us in about 20 minutes (unfortunately it took us about 5 hours to get there as we live in North Cornwall) I'd upload a picture for you but can't work out how to do it, doh!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts