VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered before but not in one thread, its split all over the forum but lets see (in one place) how many different roof bars people have used, with pictures if pos.

Heres mine just done, they're from a 2005 Renault Laguna Estate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A comment on how easy they were to fit etc with the photo would be helpful to! T:
A: good point Jon, I'm rushing around this morning and posted rather hastily.

These Laguna ones were a real easy to fit. They had a bit too much curve but a quick bounce from someone heavy and all sorted.
The centre supports bolt on from the inside but I couldn't do that as I have a single sheet veltrimed ply roof lining ( I'm not taking that down for 2 bolts) so I had to grind the threaded lump and drill the hole out so I could bolt from outside. I used rivnuts and Tiger seal to fix the rails on and it all took an hour.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Peugeot 405 Estate T:

Generally easy to fit, even in a Caravelle! Bolted to a scaffolding plank for a couple of weeks to flatten out, washers and small spreader plates on the inside (against the roof).

Scary bit is drilling holes in the roof, but measure twice, and then twice again, and again to be sure, and then drill :eek:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Rails from a volvo estate (740 I think!)

Fit really easily as they're flat to start with, bolted through from underneath with steel spreader plates and sealed with sikaflex. Most people seem to fit their rails near the rear of the van but I need mine fairly central as I carry 5m kayaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts