VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a roof rack for the T4 to put my roof tent on, needs to be 1450 wide. Just wonder what racks people have used and from what vans, Vauxhall Vivaro comes up a lot 2nd hand and they look wide

·
Registered
416 Posts
You have to drill the roof on the t4 it doesn’t have runners pre built in. So be careful of where you drill as some people who go inside the drain channel have issues with leaking water....

I was fancying making a ‘swapper’ roof rack especially when I saw the price on ‘flee bay’which is probably made of cheap lightweight metal to boot......

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I have a t5 my rack came from direct 4x4 and if it would fit would be ideal for a roof tent
It was £300 i can measure it and give you dimensions if you want
check out my albums for pictures (y)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi Guys.
I have a full size roof rack with a roller bar at the rear for ladders. It came off a T4 I bought a while ago but removed it. Any offers as its just sat a my uncles farm propping a door shut.
Cheers Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys.
I have a full size roof rack with a roller bar at the rear for ladders. It came off a T4 I bought a while ago but removed it. Any offers as its just sat a my uncles farm propping a door shut.
Cheers Mark
where abouts are you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts