VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm looking to fit 2 single seats in the front. I want leather preferably. What are the nicest and easiest to fit in everyones experience? Does anyone know of any for sale. I'm guessing you just buy the standard base for them to go on but the size of the seat must make a difference? Thanks.T:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I gather the Audi TT seats are virtually a swap out, MG Z seats are also popular, but require some plates being welded onto existing bases. People have also used Saab seats, and Galaxy/Sharan seats are popular too, tho I've not seen them in leather, but you do get a built in swivel, but your seat base needs to be cut down or buy a purpose built replacement base.

It seems almost anything can be made to fit, with reason - just measure the space you have to work with, existing seat bolt spacing & don;t forget how close the handbrake is to the driver's seat.

Try the search option - there are several threads on replacement seats - good luck!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have 2 very nice grey leather seats on e-bay ! Put them on today as just fitted captains seats in my bus ! this is the item number
Item number: 320656869863

Phil

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
ford galaxy seat fit well mate plus they swivel but you do have to have new bases made but mine cost 20 quid from a local metal working shop.......
im ebaying a light grey velour pair of galaxy seats tomoz as iv just bought dark grey ones to match my interior betterI:I:
but good luck what ever you fitT:T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts