VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Probably stupid question but...........
ive got T4 2.5tdi camper interior running on audi rims with 235/40/R18 load rated tyres. What psi should they be
Mark

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Hi all.
Probably stupid question but...........
ive got T4 2.5tdi camper interior running on audi rims with 235/40/R18 load rated tyres. What psi should they be
Mark
hi Mark

obviously completely different rims and tire setup from standard... the standard psi plate is on the "b" pillar drivers side just under the door catch....

if your new tires are correctly load rated you need to look on the side wall of the tire and it will say some thing like :
max load 860kg at 70 psi, the max load is what your tire is rated at, if your tire is over rated ie, 102 and you require 97 rating then you can lower the psi abit

all tires are different, ive had tires saying 55psi and my new ones say 70 psi

hope this helps but there is no definitive answer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Mark

obviously completely different rims and tire setup from standard... the standard psi plate is on the "b" pillar drivers side just under the door catch....

if your new tires are correctly load rated you need to look on the side wall of the tire and it will say some thing like :
max load 860kg at 70 psi, the max load is what your tire is rated at, if your tire is over rated ie, 102 and you require 97 rating then you can lower the psi abit

all tires are different, ive had tires saying 55psi and my new ones say 70 psi

hope this helps but there is no definitive answer
Hi
Thanks for that
ive had a look my tyre is a Hydraxer 235 40 R18 95Y extra load. Ive checked and the rating is for 690kg per wheel ?. Reason im asking is my mot is due soon and the Mot chap is questioning if the tyres are suitable for my van. Although its passed 2 previous mot's at a different garage prior to me buying the van with the same tyres on her. So my question is are they suitable for my van and what should the psi be as it doesnt say anything on the tire
Mark

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
judging by that link above id say a 95 rating is not suitable....

........but then you gotta ask your self are your rims suitably load rated......??I:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts