VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a tv/dvd combi unit for in my van. Not sure what size to buy because I want to be able to see the screen comfortably but dont want it over powering the van.

What size have you got?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got the Avtex as shown in this thread. Was gonna get the larger screen size as not that much dearer. But as you suggest didn't want it to be too overpowering. Just fitted the Avtex and really pleased with it. Because the picture is stunningly sharp I find it plenty big enough and visible from a considerable distance away. Not cheap but a top notch product and more of a media player than a TV. Has tv, dvd, radio, record function, fm transmitter to play through stereo in van etc etc. Got the set, aerial and mounting bracket all from Car Audio Giant- best prices and speedy delivery. Well happy T:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went in to buy the 10 inch Avtex, but came out with the 16 inch Avtex, this was only £10 more expensive as it was the ex-show TV from that had been in the shop cabinet for a few weeks. :D
I'm very glad I did now. The Avtex aerial is powered by the TV and I stuck it on the roof at Dubfreeze and it picked up 71 channels instantly on the Freeview. You can also play movies from a hard drive or memory stick (apparently, not tried yet) save taking DVD's. I bought a hard case Avtex bag to keep the TV in when not in use in the van. I'll get some pic's up tomorrow. :ILU:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts