VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some 17 inch A4 rims for the van. What size tyres do folk run on these and where is the cheapest place to get van tyres on the net?

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
392 Posts
Try www.mytyres.com ebay pretty good especialy MAILORDERMOTORSPORT found these near enough unbeatable i,ll try not to get into a big debate but ideally they need a load rating in excess of 96 as for size thats your own preference depending on your offset. Its handy to match the circumferance of your standard wheels as it keeps the speedo in check but its not essential. hope this helps.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks. Sorry if this is a really dense question, but how do i match the tyure to my existing wheel circumferance?

·
Administration
1,766 Posts
255/55/17; wouldn't massively recommend going that size but they are fat!

Do get the odd rubbing issue over bumps and thats on unlowered van.

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
I've got the same wheels as Dave 8J 17" Estemos. My tyres are 245 45 17 and give you the same rolling radius as stock wheels.:ILU:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coolio.

More thickness I'm sure, but the A4 rims I'm putting on currently have car low profiles on - 205s. Can I put 245s on them then, or do I have to stick to 205s?

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah they should go on fine! any 17" tyre should fit just depends on the rims offset. if worried it should be stamped in the rim some where with the rims width. or just ask ur local alloy place and they should be able to help. not halfords or motorworld thought. ps as the guys have said speed and load rating is important garry

·
Registered
110 Posts
On a 7.5 x 17 rim VW recommend a 245/45-17 tyre with a max allowable mass of 1550kg. This a load index of 99. Had this printed out for me at a dealer last weekend as I was checking for my own van and wanted it in print.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts