VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've used 12mm on mine.

It depends what kind of bed you have. Mine folds out so that the two centre sections are unsupported. I found that I had too much flex so fastened 10mm x 2mm metal strips along the unsupported edge (screwed in every 3 inch).

The other sections which are supported on all four sides and roughly 4' by 18" are absolutely fine.

Look at my album pics for an idea

The table top acts as a support by bridging the gap between the two side sections and locking into the metal reinforced holes. A section folds out from each side and rests across the top of it all to make the bed. The only reinforcement is along the edges which meet in the middle.

A bit convoluted but hopefully you get the idea.

Edd

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
in my experience i think u need to use at least 44 mm thick
it works in two ways
firstly its strong for those time when u bring a lady back to ur van and want to play off ground tick I:
secondly its heavy enough to lower ur van LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

simples

for any more helpful tips
dont hesitate to ask *<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
in my experience i think u need to use at least 44 mm thick
it works in two ways
firstly its strong for those time when u bring a lady back to ur van and want to play off ground tick I:
secondly its heavy enough to lower ur van LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

simples

for any more helpful tips
dont hesitate to ask *<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>*<:)>

hey your a tab to the right too far chuffer fook off back to the t4 section you pest
merry christmas *<:)>

hows the shed build going I:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Maybe its because I'm a softy southerner, but I think any thickness of ply is going to be a little hard - Some form of foam is going to be far more luxurious, although ply will mean that you won't feel any stray peas I:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts