VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raising the question now so hopefully people will post tomorrow. It's not a competition as I feel for those with early risers :)

My 2 year old is awake at 5 most mornings so I am expecting he will be up at 5 at the latest. Will post official time tomorrow. *<:)>

4.51 today, going to be a long day with the kids far too excited

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
When I was a little girl, my told me that I wasn't allowed to get up until I heard our mantle clock chime 6 times. [ie. 6am at the earliest]. However, the clock was a bit dodgy and didn't used to chime the right number of times. Anyway, I did as I was told [cuz I was always a good little girl] but the actual time was 2am. My parents were not happy.

When my own children were small, they knew that they were not allowed downstairs til mommy and daddy had got up. To stave off their excitement, they each used to have one or two small items on the bottom of their beds, to open. Something they could play with and keep them occupied til we got up. Fortunately for them, I used to get more excited than they did, so they never had to wait too long. Getting their dad out of bed was another matter entirely. In fact, one year, we stayed at my moms. My uncle was over from Canada, and he and Mr Impis settled in for a night of drinking, on Christmas Eve. An atomic bomb wouldn't have got them out of bed the next morning! It didn't matter too much as we had a video camera and I filmed the kids opening their presents so that their dad could watch later. Eventually, he did rise - nearly dinner time. He decided to record the Christmas dinner. Very good - except that he rewound the tape first, in order to do so.

I could have killed him!!!! [That's not the first time he'd accidentally wiped video of the kids!]

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
:eek: well I say to my boys they can open their presents anytime after midnight :cool: but only the ones Santa leaves in their bedroom.A:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Our lad is pretty good, but have never seen him as excited about it as this year, so could be an early one! We leave a stocking in his room, which he can open when he wakes up - previous years around 6.30am. We all do presents around breakfast time. Some of my xtended family don't do the presents until after Christmas lunch, by which time the kids are climbing the walls :eek:

Hope you all don't have to get up too early! I'm just hoping my wife and I shake off he worst of these colds before tomorrow! Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Was before 7 bells.
Going back to bed now the riot has calmed down.

I must say.… I smell boss!!

·
Literally, white van man
4,072 Posts
Has Santa been yet (0438)

Not yet, and we have to wait for mummy to get back from her shift at 0930 (she arrived early at 0830)

Now waiting to go out on the bike she dos'nt know she's got!

Have a merry Christmas all *<:)>

Chris

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Has Santa been yet (0438)

Not yet, and we have to wait for mummy to get back from her shift at 0930 (she arrived early at 0830)

Now waiting to go out on the bike she dos'nt know she's got!

Have a merry Christmas all *<:)>

Chris

merry xmas to all *<:)>

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
My neighbours kids got up at 5.45 one of them had a disney something or other toy, one gift wasn't liked at all and there were lots of tears for that one. Another one made them both run around like they had clogs on.

My lad got up about 9.30 and having been told he was having nothing due to my loss of job in july he was chuffed to bits with what he got under the tree. Then we made go hunt for his big present hidden in the back of the van. It's been a very good day.

Happy

*<:)>

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
We ended up getting up at 7, I think he'd have gone back to bed if he'd been given his teddy back but I thick mummy and daddy were a little bit excited! :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
My 4 yr old lad woke at 7:45! Result. Bless him he didn't see his stocking on the end of his bed too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts