VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'd like to fit some roof rails to my T4. Any posts regarding pit falls, what to look for, what not to buy etc would be much appreciated.

Which cars can I get them off at the scrappy's? can i just use any roof rail.. do they have to be really flat..?

any experiences people have had with fitting them etc?

thanks - Nick

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'll make it easy for you lol......... I am selling these COBRA bars especially made for a T4.

£100.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
No, these are the only set I have and proper Cobra one's don't come up often either.

I have all the fixings and little gaskets that sit under the feet for them.

Have you heard of Cobra side bars? These are the same company. Have a Google about on them, quailty gear.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Fitted vauxhall vectra estate to mine, they looked flat enough but was a right bast#%& to fit had to make up wedge shaped gasket for them. :( but got there in the end T:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Omega ones on mine , complete doddle in the end, plenty sikaflex. measure thoroughly before drilling, make plates or decent washers for inside.

If you use the search function , there are a few threads on this now.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I was looking at cars on the road for a month and in car parks to look for the ones that sit flat on the roof .
Then went and got a set off eBay from a grand jeep Cherokee for £10.00 x post bargain :D.
[/IMG]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts