VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wandering what tyre press everyone is running on there Sportline Kombi, i have done almost 3k and its getting close to the wear marks.
I'm just going by manual for tyre pressure 38psi for part laden since i just use it as my car.
running 255/45/18
cheers

·
Premium Member
6,285 Posts
Where is it getting close to the wear marks? Inner/outer/ both sides / centre?

My van is loaded all the time and I keep it at 48psi and the wear is even. If I were you I'd have the wear investigated, you may need the geo setting up as its common not to be set correctly on lowered vans leading to accelerated wear, but I wouldn't know where to suggest you go. Down where we're located the tyre dealer has a Pro Align laser set up and will give you a full diagnostic in minutes.

My van did the inner edges of the rear tyres in 6K miles due to excessive toe in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
owners manual has tyre pressures these must be right but have my second sportline this one a lwb it eats tyres had the van laser alinement done by quickit but just the same my first sportline swb was the same put it down to the power and driving style there is allways a price to pay to have fun ps both vans where bought new i buy budget tyres now cant afford premium brands twice ayear

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've got a non-sportline kombi lowered 40mm on H&R springs. Wheels are 19" 245/45's

I run them at about 40psi and tyre wear is even

Tyre wear rate, isn't great, I'm on my first set but they're not far off the wear markers at the front, at about 10k miles. I recon they might last till about 12k, another couple if I switched backs and fronts but then I'd have to replace all four at once ???

My annoying dilemma is that I'm off to southern Spain next week, I'll end up doing about 3k+ miles. So I either swop back and front's over and I'll probably be "just" ok for the trip or throw two new fronts on now, for piece of mind but knowing I've switched out two perfectly legal tyres :-(

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
T32 180 4motion full camper conversion.running 255/45/r18 103y sportline alloys with nexen n6000 at 45psi.
getting about 12000 miles even wear on rear, toe in on front needs adjusting.after reading this thread quite pleased with mileage.
first set did about 10000 but was running mk 5 gti and needed to adjust my driving in t5.T:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts