VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi what tyres will fit 16x7j rims want low profile but will be carrying about half a ton up and down the motorway and planning on lowering to give a euro look any help appreciated

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so what will i get away with i read somewhere on here that most low profile tyres are rated to 600kgs?

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
so what will i get away with i read somewhere on here that most low profile tyres are rated to 600kgs?
Add up your front and rear axle weights
You will find them on the chassis plate
Then obviously divide by four that will give you your minimum legal requirement per tyre
Take seriously into account you want to drag a half ton payload up the motorway
Hope this helps .

·
Banned
1,762 Posts
hi what tyres will fit 16x7j rims want low profile but will be carrying about half a ton up and down the motorway and planning on lowering to give a euro look any help appreciated

Funny how we look at things differently, i would have started, i,m carrying half a ton up and down the motorway, whats the best and safest tyre to keep me safe I:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
You should really keep the rolling radius the same otherwise you're gearing and speedo will be way out plus the tyres wont fill the arches at all and that doesnt look good even lowered. I dont think you'll get the 'euro look' you're after by just sticking on low profile tyres. The euro look is more about stretched tyres and that's a whole nother can o worms

there's some good info on tyre sizes here if you've not seen it:
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42056

1 - 9 of 9 Posts