VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am looking into grabbing some Alloys and have seen some that come with tyres too.

Is it fine to grab: 235/40/18 EXTRA LOAD TYRES or... is it important to get the 245/45/18 EXTRA LOAD TYRES upgrade would you say from your experience?

These are for 18" alloy wheels. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

Did anyone have a recommendation? Is it ok going for the lower cost ones or is the upgrade the best plan?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi, it depends on the milage you're gonna do i suppose, I got my wheels with tyres on and they ain't the best, probably higher end budgets, but you get what you pay for, I'm well happy with mine as I only do about 7K a year, but if I was doing more I think I'd get some higher end brand name ones for piece of mind.
Hope that gives you some food for thought, let us know how you get on.
Laters mate
Sid

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sid,

Thanks man, i guess in that case its probably worth getting the extra heavy duty option :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey!! You're welcome, glad I could help you to decide. Good luck mate, let us know what you get and show us them there alloys when you get them.
Laters Sid

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
never bought wheel's of ebay but all depends on your budget,

going back to your original question it really depends on the load rating of the tyre, the maximum load rating i've been able to find for a 235/40/18 tyre is 95 where as the 235/45/18 tyres you can get a higher load rating on, does it mention what the load rating is?
pretty sure the 235/40 tyres rolling radius is pretty much the same as what was standardT:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have just got some from lk performance via eBay with 245/45/18's with100 load rating, give a great ride and cheaper than 235/45, rears are a bit tight as I am running a 60 mm drop

got great service from them

·
Registered
155 Posts
Vw eos style 18" by 8", polished spokes with black inners

the tyres are budget 245/45 100 rated, can't remember the manufacturer, but seem to to me even in wet and I can now hear the stereo on the motorway!

I paid £600 delivered with bolts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts