VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what vacuum pressure a healthy system should pull?
preferably for an ajt engine?
been searching but cant find anything.

thanks, rick.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
we seem to be suffering same problem,with same engine.
vans going into mates garage tommorow for waterpump n crankseal,ill see what he thinks of vac pump pressure.
currently if i place my finger over pump,no suction on idle really?give it a rev and it will suck finger to pump,and then keep that amount of pressure until i pull hand away,then its the same until revved.this brake problem started overnight?not a gradual fault.
checked vac pipes,no leaks splits?did have the hissing brake pedal earlier in year,but removed servo,sprayed some lube into it and gave a few presses past whewre the pedal would normally travel,been fine since?
ill post up any info tommorowT:

added=just spoke to mech,says pump should pull better suction than it does currently on idle...........bloody van!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah was gonna say mine pulls to my finger on idle so yours sounds like a bad leak or possibly the vacuum pump has gone.
had both problems on mine, just want to find out how hard the new vac pump should be sucking.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
ive put my finger directly onto pump,still as poor suction.
ill post up tommorow night after ive been to garageT:

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Have any of you noticed any rattles from the engine , at all ?? Mine rattled liike a good,un , for a while , eventually I realised it was vac pump valves , but braking was still acceptable .Got a new vac pump, brakes still not what I had hoped for , so removed pads , found them glazed because of lower pressure , removed the glaze ....what a difference ..!! My boat is on a un-braked trailer , and I cant have braking issues ..!! I just wonder if a vac pump valve has gone for someone ??

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
the amount of rattles my ajt has,its hard to narrow them down!:*
but no,vac pump hads been quiet,then thought it would join in with rest of the mechanicals!:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts