VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I toying with the idea of lowering my van. But unsure what wheel to go for. I like the idea of new rs4 18". I know they fit and you can lower but one of my mates have had problems with them rubbing. I looked on ETKA at work and EPAC and for my age van all the alloys are et 42 but i was reading the guild and got abit confussed. So is it best to go for the 17"????? My dad run 17" on 235/45r17 fine I know there abit out but thinner tyre allow the stones in the lane to scrach badle. thanx for any help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depends how far you want to drop your motor..my mate has 18's with 235/40/18 with a 60 mm drop and he gets rub..my van has 245/45/18, which are slightly biger but with only a 40mm drop I have no probs.. Both vans are fitted out! Depends on how much weight you got on the back!

Front aint a prob cos you can wind down the torsion bars as far as you need but you maybe better off fitting the wheels you want and measuring the gap once your wheels are on and its loaded to the weight that you will be carrying.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanx for that will have to go to a show and do some measuresing. I only want to drop it by 40mm but been reading the forum and everyone advise the kw kits so thought id go for that. just hope it only settles to 45mm not the 50 mm.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have only seen it on WWW.bluebird-type2.co.uk, but im sure there is other places to find it. but they seem to be fairly priced and i dont think ive seen a site with so much stuff that im not trying to find an excuse to buy. Even there rock and roll beds look the best ive seen too! As a VW mech im poor so like resomly price stuff that looks like it will last is cool.:D garry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts