VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've recently purchased a T30 140ps Highline panel van, and I want to put a bigger set of wheels on. I bought the van as I do offroad motorcycling, so at some events I have to drive on ruff uneven roads.

I wanted to put 20" wheels on, but having read various posts, is that a good idea? Apart from the weekend, the van mostly is used on the motorway and if I did put 20" wheels on, what tyres would I use and would I notice any change in performance?

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers Rich.

·
Registered
204 Posts
20's especially with the low profile tyres needed to fit a T5 (35 or 40 profile), give the rims a very hard life, many people cracking rims on potholes etc. so if spending the weekends driving ruff tracks I'd not bother.
19's allow a higher profile tyre (40,45 or 50) giving the wheel a easier time whist also giving the big wheel look.
18's as fitted to sport lines with a 45 section tyre can be fitted with a 55 if you want a bigger wheel, fuller arch, look and obviously the bigger section tyres are available in a more off-road tread, if that's your thing.

As with many other threads on here, if buying wheels and tyres, check what load rating you require first. As some size combo's aren't available in a high enough rating.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hi All,

I've recently purchased a T30 140ps Highline panel van, and I want to put a bigger set of wheels on. I bought the van as I do offroad motorcycling, so at some events I have to drive on ruff uneven roads.

I wanted to put 20" wheels on, but having read various posts, is that a good idea? Apart from the weekend, the van mostly is used on the motorway and if I did put 20" wheels on, what tyres would I use and would I notice any change in performance?

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers Rich.
I have a nice set of Range Rover Alloys (in great condition all round) in 19'' with 4 almost new Mud and Snow Tyres x 4 just been fitted - I have just advertised them for £580 for everything which the tyres/fitting and balancing will cost you that alone.... let me know if interested... thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts