VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Me and my van are starting to fall out with each other!!! Can anyone tell me what drive belts are locared on the drivers side of the engine? Jumped in my van yesterday and there was an almight tick tick tick... I am no techie but even to my dumb ears this
didn't sound right. I popped the bonnet ( dunno why cos I wouldn't know what I was meant to be looking for anyway ; one of those none tech people y'see! ) found nothing loose but noise definately coming from underneath the air filter area?

Decided to limp home and then got a faint whiff of burning rubber? Van still goes like billio so not bottom end... hopefully not anyway. Steering also got a tad stiff? It going garage but if anyone could enlighten me it'd be appreciated.
Gary

vans don't you just love em?:confused::eek:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Drivers side of motor are Cam Belt, Alternator belt, power steering belt.

Sounds like its a power steering belt issue if your steerings gone heavy.

A bit more info would be helpful ie engine size/ code, year of van etc.

I would get it checked out by someone in the know as you wouldnt want a cambelt to go.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant..thanks for that information. I'm feeling happier now!!! My van is a 102 2001 T4 with automatic gearbox.
Gary

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drivers side of motor are Cam Belt, Alternator belt, power steering belt.

Sounds like its a power steering belt issue if your steerings gone heavy.

A bit more info would be helpful ie engine size/ code, year of van etc.

I would get it checked out by someone in the know as you wouldnt want a cambelt to go.
Think I'll get all belts looked at and perhaps changed. Got a mechanic coming out later today. When I drove it home the steering def started to get stiffer the warmer things got. Parked up now and will not drive till fixed.
Thanks
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts