VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A non running 04 plate caravelle with leather seats new alloys and tyres generally going condition be worth ..... Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If it's the 2.5 tdi with a shot motor then a replacement engine from vw could set you back £6k !!!!
So bear that in mind
That engine is hard to come by unless its repairable?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes vw quoted me 6.5k or 4 k to repair ...... I'm sure it can be done a lot cheaper I'm just not skilled to do it hence thinking of selling if someone fancied a project !

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Why not put some details up, pictures, mileage and history info etc etc
Someone may make an offer to take on the beast
Alternatively it would make good money if you broke it up for parts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's still at the main dealer at moment so no pics at moment......

54 plate t5..6 speed .... . 285k miles on the clock on a 2.5 tdi engine, silver, body work in I would say reasonable/ good condition, small scrape on front bumper, rear bumper has slight crack, couple small marks generally. Tow bar and newly refurbed 16" genuine vw alloys with new tyres these have covered less than 100 miles.
Internally 7 leather seats, front seats are captain seats the drivers side has worn on the side from use, the middle two seats are also captains, these fold flat and rotate to face front or rear, the rear seats are a bench style three seater which also folds flat and adjusts believe this can be used as a bed, middle and rear seats have under storage. There is a table in the back which lifts up and folds out and moves on the rails to suit seat position.
Front radio /cd/DVD player and rear in roof DVD player , tinted windows in middle and rear , blinds on rear window ,

Anything else please ask ..... It would be a reluctant sale as a thoroughly enjoyable vehicle to drive but the repair price as I have to source it all out is looking prohibitive at the moment although still working on it !!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Probably worth more as bits than as a complete van... The seats and rails alone are worth upwards of £2K.

Let me know if you are interested in breaking it!

AB.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You will get bugger-all for it as a non-runner. Good used engines are impossible to find at a sensible price.

I would fit a brand-new engine into it with 2-year warranty to maximise the value of the van. Trusted indie would reduce labour costs.
Good for another 300k with new motor..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts