VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have T4's and a T5 and the T4 is superior for what I want although it may not be for others. What year was the last LWB T4 made in?

pete

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
i belive 2003, based on the fact mine a last of the line x-pack and is a 53 registerd plate. but not sure if lwb were the same.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ozymaster and dazzagreener. That is what I will be looking for then in exchange for my VW Motorhome which is too big for me after all. I am looking to exchange it with cash either way for a low mileage 2.5 LWB 2003 T4 camper.

pete

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Production of T4s ended in March 2003. One with an 04 plate will have been sitting around a few months before being registered. The one above has a Versa conversion and obviously was registered after it was finished :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of my vans is a Versa disability van so I suppose they buy a bunch of them and convert them to order. I am more interested in the mileage of a vehicle than the age which is why I have 3 disability vans. They often have very low mileage.

pete

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
the later ones you will find probably went off to the convertors and werent registered and pdid until complete, the last run of t4 at factory was beginning of april, the last t4s mainly had 53 plates on and were going out the door when the t5s started to come in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts