VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Amazing what the "swear filter" removes!
That is NOT something I can be blamed for, as for "going off topic"...I'm always there. :whistle:

I've built well over 300 computers in the last few years, (many for the doctors/surgeons at LGI who couldn't off the shelf ones for their needs), but the only one in my van is a 20 year old, XP, laptop with VCDS on it....lives under the rear seat.

Oh, and i-Pad or 'phones do not respond to my fingers.
50 years of electrical shocks from 120 - 125,000 volts have left them "non-responsive" for touch screens.....hence, even my latest G4 'phone, still has to have buttons on it.
You'll be glowing in the dark then... The new Ready Brek Kid on the Block

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here is another more common sight now and I would hope getting even more common.
As per the instructions on the board, Make the call, give the three words, the control room staff will know exactly where you are and give the combination number to open the box, the same is also happening for defibrillators.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I think the what3words app is a great idea.
Most people, whereever they go, will not have a clue what road or what postcode they are in to make a potential lifesaving call.
Knowing they had that app that they could get the bang on location of where they are is brilliant and just really be advertised by all emergency services!
Will stop more calls going 'Oh, im on the M1' 'Let me just check Google' 'It happen just to the right of a big tree'.
Will definitely be downloading this for future trips, just for the piece of mind.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
It's quite comical how this thread has caused quite a stir, the OP was only trying to be helpful.

Everyone has their own ways and means of living, if something isn't to your liking, then leave it alone, don't see why there needs to be negativity...but alas it's a public forum and everyone has a pov.

I personally only hope to be lost during the night, that way if my tech lets me down I can navigate by the stars (y)

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Back up bread crumbs Stuart 😂

·
Super Moderator
5,200 Posts
I use what3words too. If you don’t like it then don’t post negative remarks otherwise I’ll ban you for a month. Go on Gaz make my day punk lol

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,497 Posts
Not a matter of "not liking it".....just my 'phone does not have ANY "Apps"....

I'm "Feeling Lucky, Punk"..... It's not much use when you can't use it....there, made your day!
(You explain to the guy with the auto-box problems why I'm not replying any more.......)

So, tried it on my PC.
Put my address in "Vatnevegen 230, Vatne, Norway" and it found I was actually living about 3 hours away!?!?!?!
Anyone interested in stealing a Garmin GPS, my Nokia 'phone, laptop with VCDS under rear seat, or even the unlocked van, it's at
"mend.trainers.presented"
Parked next a Smart Roadster (also not locked), and 2 wheelie bins.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
👆 I'm reminded of Only Fools and Horses - Healthy Competition sketch where Del tells Grandad that someone stole Rodney's lawn mowers...😂

·
Registered
548 Posts
DANGER - do not rely on w3w in an emergency. I work in the mountains and there are already many examples of w3w giving mountain rescue and ambulance services the wrong place! If you are off the beaten track, learn to navigaite, or at the very least understand grid reference or lat long!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts