VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening all,

after a bit of a hunt i found a van which is going for a pop top in two weeks.T: (174 lwb wooo hooo)

My question is they have offered to carpet line the whole van at the same time as lining the roof frame so i was wondering if most poeple do the wiring first behind the panels or wait and build it in with the units?

Promise to post some pictures over the next couple of days

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Depends, if you aren't having units then it will need to go in first, but if you are having units all the way along one side you can run the wiring inside or behind the unitsT:

But if you are having units fitted do you really want them to carpet it? Could just cut the carpet and remove it where required...what about insulating it..you'll need to do that before it is carpeted (although I'm not a great believer in insulating....if it;s cold then it's cold nothing you can do about it!! My van is insulated and it still gets frikking cold in the winter:()

Jay

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the reply,

i am having units all the way down one side so i think your right do the wiring after carpet but before units. Started insulation today:eek: not the best job in the world but hope it makes a difference for the hassle factor!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts