VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
As you've told us what you paid for it back in June not so long back I'd say add on the price of the paint and rims and youre there !! I:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
People starting whats my van worth threads just line themselves up for abuse..
Its Gotta be worth £1500 once its been sprayed

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Its Gotta be worth £1500 once its been sprayed
that is it sprayed I:thats the colour he chose

but there is only one person who can answer the question - if i say i will give you a grand for it you would say no way it owes me 2 grand and you seen one on ebay similar condition sell for £2700 for examples sake,so in effect you are the only person to answer your own question

best of luck either way

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are you sure thats a 85mm drop?, looks more like 60 to me, still got space between the top of the wheel and arch.
hummmm!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
1.9s dont fetch the same money as the 2.5 nine times out of ten. As i said if the paint is really good then you would prob get £3000 on ebay.

·
Registered
834 Posts
T4 surf wag, Ive not been on here since last night so might have missed your edited posts so dont know whats been going on. I'm pretty sure some time ago there was a ban on " whats my van worth" threads as they always cause some contention...
I wasnt meaning to be rude with my post, its a proven fact that pimping a van doesnt add that much value to a vehicle if you expect a direct return for your money, eg a £2500 pro paintjob is unlikely to add £2500 on the selling price of a £1000 van. Your van is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, have a look on van trader/ ebay etc and see what similar vehicles are going for... at least its summer and youre in N Devon where vans go for more than the national average.
I quite like the paintjob by they way. :ILU:

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
its a proven fact that pimping a van doesnt add that much value to a vehicle if you expect a direct return for your money
spot on this is the main reason why my loft is full of all my standard t4 bits

so when van is up for sale the alloys will be so will the sidebars so wiill the 60mm springs and the leather seats are coming out.

and so on and so on and so on

van will go back to standard.

im not giving away the money i spent on it for someone else to gain benefit out of.

plus a standard van is more desirable to t4 fan than a modded one as its all about your own personal mark on a van.

if someone buys a van they will have their own ideas on what to do regardless of what it looks like

unless a van has had a something like a full professional conversion inside it is market value.

same as the insurance company would value it if it was a total loss

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think everyone has got the wrong end of the stick i just wanted a rough idea of what it was worth, it owes me about £1200 including buying the van and i'm pretty sure its worth more than that . I'm not expecting it to be worth thousands just thought you guys would help me out. But boy was i wrong lol I:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i really cant see the problem with whats it worth threads .. if you thinking of selling your van or just interested in "what it might be worth" how else are you supposed to find out what peoples opinions are .. i would guess the best place to ask such a question of estimated value of your t4 would be here on the erm t4 forum ?? I:

or we should have a "whats it worth" section

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
i really cant see the problem with whats it worth threads .. if you thinking of selling your van or just interested in "what it might be worth" how else are you supposed to find out what peoples opinions are .. i would guess the best place to ask such a question of estimated value of your t4 would be here on the erm t4 forum ?? I:

or we should have a "whats it worth" section
I can see both sides of this, as I've been on sites where people make a habit of putting up 'what's it worth' threads or 'just testing the water' threads when they only want to know 'out of curiosity' (ie for no valid reason).

However, there's a possibility that some people are just asking so they can put a figure down for insurance (the SSVC even offer a valuation service as part of the membership - and that valuation is regarded as 'fact' by many VW insurers).

Obviously, anything is only worth what people are prepared to pay, and regional variations do exist (saw a completely boggo, 03 plate, swb 88bhp 2.5 with 97k on the clocks the other week - in Cornwall - and the price tag was a fiver short of £5k!! :eek: I know where I'm going when it comes time to sell mine!!) but, as Oz says, I don't see too many problems with offering pricing estimates on here - as long as people don't take the michael with their requests.

And not having seen the OP or the photos, I do think some of the slagging off of the van is a bit uncalled for.........:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts