VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just seen a very nice SWB caravelle, 2.5Tdi (not sure yet if 88 or 102), not too far from me. Possibly a motibility vehicle with only 55000 miles on the clock and extensive service history.

I'd like to go and view armed with a sensible, tempting offer.....but so far haven't found a price guide...so over to you...what's it worth? My own feeling is that £4k would be a steal and £6k a fair price.....over that I'd start to hesitate.

Thoughts please?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry chaps, flipping schoolboy error - blame the hour of posting.

It's a 2000 W Reg in blue (not the really dark blue, the lighter more vivid one but not the light pastel one - sorry not sure what it's called). Not sure about extras/aircon (assume it doesn't have them). Reported as "excellent condition for year" externally and internally with no rips.

There is no asking price as it's an auction with no buy-it-now.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
a member on here recently bought a w reg caravelle 2.5tdi,metallic green for £3k,w reg not worth anywhere near the 6k,you wouldnt even be hoping to pay the £4k for it,

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has aircon and electric windows. Very similar one went for £4500 last week, and that had twice the mileage at 109,000.

Going to see it tomorrow, unfortunately no chance of the bloke doing a deal as he says he has "messed up in the past ending auctions early". Will have to sweat it out for another week assuming the viewing is positive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts