VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just looked at the "Whats in the sky above you" thread and it reminded me of a system we used at the National Coasch Lookout at Newhaven.

All vessels over a certain size carry a transmitter giving out course, speed, type of cargo, destination etc. Not much use if you live just outside sheffield, but if you live by the sea its worth a look.

there is a free version of it here.

http://www.shipais.com/

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Awesome site!.

Though I looked and all I could see were a couple of floating turds and some sanitary towels in the Severn estuary about a mile from here:)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Good system that AIS!! T:T:
The only thing is now the missus can find out where i am any time she wants. :(:(
Gone now are the excusses, Sorry luv couldn't phone I was out of range. Got to go now Hun the signal is really weak & I can hardly hear you.
Luv to chat but the signal will go soon, we're on our way to France. & Make it a quick call I'm on roaming!! I:I:I:
Oh well this the price we have to pay!! At least now she can see we are safe in harbour when its blowing a gale. ;);)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Many thanks for the web site.

Magic. :)

Have used the destination and other menu tasks bars etc for some of my old ports, as am ex merchant navy radio officer world wide trading.

·
This isn't Facebook you know
7,009 Posts
thanks mate but oh no not another one i just havent got time for this :eek:

great stuff really and now im a ship spotter as well as planes anyone do LOL: trains

1 - 6 of 6 Posts