VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above really.. dont really wanna get them off ebay, so who's got a set?

are they any good? and where from???

One of my standard rears has a hole in it and i've told the misses they must be replaced, I

didnt make the hole, honest! I:

·
Registered
859 Posts
As above really.. dont really wanna get them off ebay, so who's got a set?

are they any good? and where from???

One of my standard rears has a hole in it and i've told the misses they must be replaced, I

didnt make the hole, honest! I:
If i was you I would be careful with the led rear lights, I drive buses for a living and all our new buses that are less than 12 months old are fitted with hella led rear lights and lots of them are failing on a regular basis. They end up where only half of the led,s light up and the fitters say they can not be replaced, so you end up having to buy a new unit. I think they look the part but I would much sooner replace a bulb for 50p than fork out £50 for a new lamp so I ended up getting red/clear crystal, non led rear lamps .

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
i got mine from t4srus
top servive def recommend
all led`s work
comes with new amber lamps for indicators

paid for them 10 o clock in the morning by paypal and they turned up next day.

def couldnt argue with there service

one thing you might need to do though is get load resistors as they trick the ecu into thinking there are no brake lights
they make your glow plug light flash

here is a pic of the back of my van not the greatest for showing the lights though im afraid.

do it you know you want toT:

·
Registered
234 Posts
i got mine from t4srus
top servive def recommend
all led`s work
comes with new amber lamps for indicators

paid for them 10 o clock in the morning by paypal and they turned up next day.

def couldnt argue with there service

one thing you might need to do though is get load resistors as they trick the ecu into thinking there are no brake lights
they make your glow plug light flash

here is a pic of the back of my van not the greatest for showing the lights though im afraid.

do it you know you want toT:

What is a load resistor?

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
no no no no! I have been selling led lights for years, never once had a problem with the led's failing!

And the resistor thing... You do not get a problem with every van, its quite rare for them to through up the flashing coil light on the dash (engine management) If it does resistors are available from maplin easy peasy to fit, Just find the 12v for it split the wire connect the wire together again with the risistor in the middle.

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Cheers Tidy thats cleared that up nicely. I need new rears before my MOT, got a few months left but will tap you up at the time. :ILU:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no no no no! I have been selling led lights for years, never once had a problem with the led's failing!

And the resistor thing... You do not get a problem with every van, its quite rare for them to through up the flashing coil light on the dash (engine management) If it does resistors are available from maplin easy peasy to fit, Just find the 12v for it split the wire connect the wire together again with the risistor in the middle.
so do u offer a members discount Tidy? as I'm new to all this, do u reckon they will be onsale at vanfest?

Cheers guys,
si

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
ive bought 3 sets from ebay up to now and never had any probs the set i have now cost me £37 plus £5 postage

·
Banned
2,437 Posts
one other thing that may happen is mot failure as they do not have reflectors built in

they did come with reflectors from t4srus to stick on bumper if this happened

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Got mine from Tidys super quick delivery been through an MOT no bother:ILU:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts