VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question
Do we still have a co-ordinator for Essex.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Simple answer: Yes.

but it's not me anymore Rasp:

Still offering my own unique style of Peace & Love to you all though :grphg x

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Sonia.

I think there's a meet arranged for this Thursday evening- have you not seen it on Facebook?

·
Registered
115 Posts
This from the Facebook page:

Sonia Mizon
Following up from other member's requests there will now be 2 group meets a month Rather than changing days / times between winter & summer they will both remain in place all through the year. I'll get events added on here asap but they will be 2nd Sunday of the month @ 3pm (as per current meet) PLUS the last Thursday evening of the month @ 7pm...both will be at The Grange, Boreham & they have promised to remember to section off the area near the pub itself

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This from the Facebook page:

Sonia Mizon
Following up from other member's requests there will now be 2 group meets a month Rather than changing days / times between winter & summer they will both remain in place all through the year. I'll get events added on here asap but they will be 2nd Sunday of the month @ 3pm (as per current meet) PLUS the last Thursday evening of the month @ 7pm...both will be at The Grange, Boreham & they have promised to remember to section off the area near the pub itself
Thanks for that,some one from Kent informing Essex bods about an Essex meet.Could you also tell me when you are next doing a fish n chip jaunt,much more enjoyable T:T:

The meets should be being posted up on here, FB is not for everyone.
Indeed:cool:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
When I was RC, the Facebook page I started was only set up as a 'window' or indeed a 'recruitment' tool for this here forum site.
I always posted in the forum first with FB second.

Saying that guys, I did set up a general chat page on this forum in the Essex region, a pub area- TOTS, for us to chit chat etc, and to be honest no one used it- it was like me talking to myself- which to be fair is not unusual I:
But that's where Facebook appears to engage people, they are more willing to chat and banter, sadly they are not necessarily members of this forum as I reckon probably 90% are not even on the forum..... But you can bet your sorry ar5e they all use this forum for 'googling' advice and how-to's etc.

It would be a shame to see all the hard work and effort and lots of personal time I put into this region go to the wall. I feel very personally attached and have some great friends:ILU:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I quite agree Kate,it should be on the two platforms.If it's only done on faceache then it's not the T4 forums and a new organiser is needed.I do believe some-one else put there name forward at the time of you stepping down.It's a shame they rarely post on here now(for his own reasons)
If there are meets etc under the T4 forum banner then they should be posted here for those that don't do faceache or are unaware of it's existence.
As for TOTS,we all thought it was your little personal area:D:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
All meets are posted on here AND on Facebook...the second monthly meet (the Thursday evening one) was only agreed this week so was posted on Facebook first and was also added on here (as per the Sunday March meet and the Thursday evening March meet - also added on here today). The only time a meet wasn't posted on here was in January as the group decided as a whole not to meet in January...would be nice to have people talking to me rather than about me...I took over to help you out if you remember Kate?? Happy to step down if you'd like to take it back on - although we haven't seen you at any meets for a while so I thought you'd maybe lost interest?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
.would be nice to have people talking to me rather than about me...
How could we do that as you've not been on here since early december.Don't take it personally but if your not up to it then don't do it.After all some one else wanted to do it but for some reason they asked you,that person rarely posts on here now for that and other reasons.

You seem to be face book orientated,all the decisions are coming from there.How is that related to this forum.Once again it's not a personal dig at you(so please don't take it that way)Just be nice to be kept informed what the face book group are deciding for us T4 forum members.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
HI. ALL. Well said that man. I think that 3pm. Is a bit late in the day. For a meet it used to be. 12 pm. Much better

·
Registered
105 Posts
3pm is the time agreed by the people who currently turn up each week - it was a majority vote and is also the time the pub can accommodate us. Most people stay and have dinner after the meet, so I guess it suits them..?

·
Registered
105 Posts
You could have sent me a message - I would have received a notification then and logged in. When the forum has its upgrade and the App is available life will be much easier all round as the site won't only be accessible from a laptop or PC as it is now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts