VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell be what this little pipe is & what its supposed to have connected to it (in the red circle)?

I also have a message saying INSP on start up, it goes out after about 30 - 60 seconds - anyone know what it means & does it mean i have to take it to a VW garage?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
that there should have a little rubber bung attached to the end , you'll be loosing valuable boost through that little pipe , most folk use that for fitting a boost gauge .. either way it needs blanking off

service indicator reset

with the ignition off press and hold the mileage trip button , keep the button pressed and turn the ignition on two clicks , now release the trip button and turn the clock adjust button clockwise and that should be it reset for another 6k or so miles

might take a couple of goes to get it right , enjoy

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
that reminds me ive been meaning to mine for ages ,, you may need to do it twice , once for the INSP and once for OIL .. they should read --- if done correctly

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
a boost gauge measure the pressure inside the turbo , more boost more power kind of thing .. many of the 1.9td folk on here have increased the boost from the standard 7 psi to around 12-14 psi along with increased fuel .. but you need a boost gauge before you start messing with turbo tweaks just so you dont go to far ..

check out the 1.9td project power thread , a very interesting read

1 - 6 of 6 Posts