VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed recently, that before starting the engine a different number appears where the outside temperatue is normally displayed on the dashboard.

I've look in the handbook and it seems to make no mention of it. In the image below it's the 15 that seems to have a third completed pie above it.

Bit of a newbie when it comes to Bus/Vans.

Anyone know what it means?

Thanks in advance.

drwster

·
Registered
448 Posts
I Belive it a count down to the next service I have had it on my van and I'm sure that's what I was told

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Bogey,

Interesting, i'm not actually sure it's counting down, as i'm sure a week ago it said 9. Will have to look when i go out today and see what number is showing this time.

cheers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
...mine's got something similar, but next to the clock - a figure 4 (or changes to 5) and sometimes with an arrow next to it. Looked in the handbook, but none the wiser ! :*
Your circular "clock" could be direction, compass heading ? I think there was something about it in the book but wasn't very clear :confused:
your panel shows the same info as mine - does that mean you haven't got a temperature gauge either ? (my current gripe)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, bit of a resurrection of an old thread, my van is now showing a number like in the photo, did anyone ever find out what the number was supposed to be for?!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
...mine's got something similar, but next to the clock - a figure 4 (or changes to 5) and sometimes with an arrow next to it. Looked in the handbook, but none the wiser ! :*
Your circular "clock" could be direction, compass heading ? I think there was something about it in the book but wasn't very clear :confused:
your panel shows the same info as mine - does that mean you haven't got a temperature gauge either ? (my current gripe)
the 1 to 5 or six with arrow is the gear your in with the arrow it means change up or down with a dot next to it is the gear your in.the other numbers .not sure.:* OLD GUYS RULEI:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts