VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I fitted the sender for my oil pressure gauge the other day, but in doing so I unplugged a 2 wire plug that was in the bottom rear of the injector pump.

It was a real pain to get back on but everything seemed fine until today (2 days after fitting) when my rev counter stopped working and the oil pressure light flashes.

I know pressure is fine because of the new gauge but was wondering if the plug I disconnected has something to do with it, anyone know what this plug is for and does it form part of the rev counter circuit?

I might have disturbed the alternator wiring but that looks fine.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Sounds like you've disconnected the two wires from your alternator, these will send readings for your rev counter and without the "W" feed fyom your alternator your oil light will flash.

Get underneath and check the plug is in on the back of the alternator and check the condition of the wires coming from it all the way along until it joins into the main engine loom above the gearbox.
You might have to pull back the black, outer protective conduit to check all the wire, they are prone to breaking near the alternator.

ChrisT:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I checked it visually yesterday and all seemed ok, went out to it today all set for a few hours searching for a broken wire and it's working again. Good news perhaps but I'm sure it will be back, maybe then I can finally find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts