VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flywheel? Eng Mounts? Fuelling?? 2.5TDI 2003 T4 888special
On my way to work this morning, setting off in a queue, felt a 'lump' and struggled to find the gear. Set off in third and the clutch seemed to be okay being nursed in.. Drove okay - not especially juddery on the clutch or anything although not great finding 5th... but it now judders even sitting in neutral at a standstill. Engine shakes.

I drove to work, and will drive it home in a few minutes, but I reckon my run to Busfest and camping nearby booked for me and freinds just got shot to pieces?

When I get home I will:
?pop the starter off to see if I can see any play (flywheel? though how to tell its DMF issues I'm not sure)
?Add some fuel additive, see if its any less lumpy? (fuelling? It was supposed to have had new injectors a year ago.. ?)
?and pop the undertray off and try to see if the mounts are still in one piece.

All other ideas welcomed.

A shout out to the Big Guy Upstairs for giving me this now, rather than half way to Malvern at dawn tomorrow.
(I think ??)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres no difference in the clutch - no better or worse in/out on tickover, and if anything it smooths it out as it begins to bite?
I'd have expected a jolt or something as it engages on a loose secondary flywheel?
Although it does seem to die more abruptly when I switch off... a typical dmf symptom or so I'm told?

My instinct says dmf, and the judder being an out of balance flywheel assembly? Just that's a big job if its actually something simpler ..

If it turns out to be something else I'll post it up.

D.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I had mine changed about 5 weeks ago. New DMF, all seals replaced and also had the box mount replaced at the same time. £650 for the DMF and seals and another £90 for the mount bracket.
It never come at a convenient time does it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts