VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a rattling noise from under my van, looked under the front bumper on the passenger side and found this hanging by a tube, im guessing the bracket broke. any ideas what it is?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sorry, couldn't resist it. I'm not even any help either, I've got no idea what it is, haven't seen the like before.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
its an exhaust silencer for an Eberspacher Heater

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys.
Yeah its a caravelle, i didnt know i had a diesel heater, is that what the thingy in the floor in the back is?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyway Dick Tracey, your wrong its actually an acorn keyboard attached to a pc. My computer is a total mashup of whatever i could get for nothing. :D

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Cheers guys.
Yeah its a caravelle, i didnt know i had a diesel heater, is that what the thingy in the floor in the back is?
no the heater in the back is just a hot air electric motor the diesel heater under the front wing is for preheating the glo plugs in winter when the temp is below zero

cheers
higgy

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
no the heater in the back is just a hot air electric motor the diesel heater under the front wing is for preheating the glo plugs in winter when the temp is below zero

cheers
higgy
No it's not, it's for helping the engine get up to temp quicker in the winter. It's better for your engine and your passengers get warmer quicker :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts