VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just reciently got me my first t5 transporter its a 1.9tdi 85ps
everyone tells me what great fuel economy the these vans have? i have moved up from a peugeot 307 20hdi estate which is very very good on fuel, maybee im just expecting more but if i put £30 in the tank and stick to 75-80 on the motorway im getting around 170 miles before i need to refuel.. is this good ? should i be getting more ? whats your van delivering?. . im unsure of how to work out the mpg so dont give me your mpg results lets have the results in miles per £'s. thanks in advance for anyones responses.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks thats the kind of reply im after! any one else got some figures for me?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Check manufacturers official figures and factor in getting slighty less to the gallon in real world driving.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Don't have any figures....yet. Don't use the van every day (T4 88, remapped) so I've never bothered to look. However, off on holiday for 2 weeks so I'll take some readings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Full tank I got aprox 650 miles and it averaged 37 MPG thats sitting at about 80 and used everyday. I have an "In-line" chip fitted to increase to about 104ps loads better than my T4 which was chugging out about 34MPG.
I'm looking at getting a remap to about 115 anyone know anyone in the Norwich area where i can get a PP remap done?

·
Registered
86 Posts
anyone know anyone in the Norwich area where i can get a PP remap done?
youre not over far from jabba sport, I'd be straight there if it wasnt for this bloody 'financial' crisis or 'recession' thingy.

I average about 35/37 mpg going 35miles round trip to work on b roads, longer journeys I might do bit better. before blanking the egr i was averaging about 26/28 mpg.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
going of the subject.. i have not blanked my egr i have removed the vacume hose, will this do the same job?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm running an XLS on my 130bhp T5.....and I'm managing 29mpg.

I'm was hoping for a little more TBH....and I drive with economy in mind!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
i am getting about 30-32 mpg on a 88bhp 2001 t4 but its fully laden permanantly so got a lot of weight dragging with it

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
T5 104ps engine averaging about 35 MPG with a mixture of 70-80 motorway and some town driving. Going to Italy in August so looking to see what I get on a long journey

ITB

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have started to drive the van with economy in mind and its increased for sure.... and at the risk of sounding like an old duffer im really enjoying slowing it down a bit! much more relaxing! i was doing 60-65 on the motorway today!!!! i must be getting old!H:

·
Registered
451 Posts
All of this is telling me that at 28mpg I need to be taking my 8K mile 08 plate Caravelle to the dealers for a check up!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Did a quick check.

A tenner got me 74 miles, 60 miles on the m4 travelling between 60 and 70 and the next 14 the short journey to back and work over the last four day.

37mpg from 85bhp 55 plate T5.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Why post the distance an amount of money takes you??? Last time I looked the price of fuel is different at each station and running it down to almost the same place on the gauge is hardly accurate, especially if you were parked facing downhill when you checked the gauge then facing uphill when rechecked!

Post like that just confuse the issue.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just to add... i filled up straight after the orange light came on. 9.1 litres was a tenners worth. and when the orange came back on 74 miles had been covered.

cheers

1 - 20 of 47 Posts