VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running 255 45 18 xl 103w and need new tyres soon.
As my T5.1 is a t32 I need to keep this in mind.
So wondered what is your preference as to tyre brand for wear and tear and noise and grip.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Personally love goodyears on most things but the goodyear commercials i ran on the van were noisy as hell.
Conti's have been good on the van but normally raving expensive for what they are .

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When I used to run a sprinter and an lt35 for my haulage business I ran continental vanco tyres and always found them good but I guess the low profile ones aren't as good.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Normally use Michelin but size wasn't available so went with Goodyear F1 Asymetric 3 in the size you are looking for. Think they were about £140 a corner from blackcircles or asdatyres.

Like them - nice and quiet and have done 10k+ and reckon i still have 5mm on them all round (van on b14 too).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Currently running with uniroyal rainsport 3s, can't say I've got any complaints about them. Also have them on the car in 19".

·
Registered
575 Posts
Van came with Good Year Eagles but i switched to Kumho. They both seem to last about 10K which i'm not overly impressed with but both grip well

·
Registered
690 Posts
Had a set of cheap ditch finders on when I bought my van, swapped them all to Kumho's and only got about 10K / 1 year from them. Switched to Hankook Ventus before the last MOT (nearly a year ago now) and they're not even half worn yet! Well happy. Grip and low road noise is great.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Had a set of cheap ditch finders on when I bought my van, swapped them all to Kumho's and only got about 10K / 1 year from them. Switched to Hankook Ventus before the last MOT (nearly a year ago now) and they're not even half worn yet! Well happy. Grip and low road noise is great.
What’s the mileage on them and predictions!?? Ta

·
Registered
690 Posts
So far I'm just shy of 10K on them - with at least 5-6mm tread still remaining across all 4 tyres! I was nearing the wear limits on the Kumhos after similar mileage on the old set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts