VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, appologiges if this turns into a bit of rant!!

Im a drummer in a band and we use my T4 to lug around out gear and to travel in. Last night we played a local show in Southampton and parked (and loaded) from the the rear of the venue in what we thought was one of their spaces. I was inside just chatting with a few people that had come to see us when a guy from our record lable came and told me i'd been clamped - When we went out side it took us a good few minutes to find the tiny old beaten up sign saying it was a clamping area - Joy!

I had to be on stage in half hour so phoned them to "Air my frustration". I wasnt rude and i was calm but they did hear somone in the back grond say jokingly that wecould just lift the van up and take their clamp away. Within 5 mins they had sent a coiple of thugs out to scare us. In this time id had a chat with a mate of mine in the police who told me that if i could remove it without damageing it they could not prosocute me for criminal damage as they said they would on the clamp. I explained this to their muscle and they didnt know what was what and said fine if you want to remove it we dont care, so i left it at that and went inside to play the gig. Whilst n stage our singer told the clamping story to the crowd and took a vote to see if we should pay up or remove it - Had a big cheer for remove it and scilence for pay up!!

After the gig had finished our Tech (posh name for Roadie!) drove home and brought back some tools. I managed to slide the front of the clamp to one side to get to the wheel bolts, Undid the bottom swivel, anti roll bar drop link and shock and managed to remove the chain from my front suspension - Job done - Clampp off!

I phoned the clamping firm up to say can you come take your clamp away and they said the clamper has gone home and i'll have to wait till the moring and that id have to pay the £150 release fee before he'd come out. I calmly explained i wouldnt be paying the release fee as i had removed the clamp and was just infoming them so their clamp didnt get stolen.............. the phone went quiet and he just said "oh..... errr right". I told him id hide it behind a skip so they could collect it. Within couple of mins of the call the clamping vehicle turned up and tried block me in so i got in the van a just started reversing........... they moved!

As i was driving out i said to the clamper "you didnt expect me to be able to remove that did you " -and he say errr no and that they had just come back for a laugh, i asked him if he found it funny, and got no reponse - he just went and pick up the clamp id left on the floor where the van ad been parked - Funny old night!

Sorry again for the slightly ranting message - just had to get that off me chest!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did feel good getting it off - If i can get the pictures off our tech's camera phone id be happy to include pictures as to how we did it!

Andy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Phew.....We're playing at Lennon's:ILU:

Thought for a minute that I had to put my tool box in the van aswell.

Come & check us out if your local..
PM me your name or names & I will get you on the £2 guest list.

Anyone else in that neck of the woods from the T4 forum family who wants a good cheap night out, LMK an I will get you on the £2 list aswell.T:T:

Perry
Imperial Leisure

BTW good job on giving the 2 fingers up to the clamping :*:*:*tards A:A:A:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would pop down for a pint but we have a gig elsewhere tonight - Will be keeping the tools in the van just incase!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts