VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
by the sounds of it i think it sounds like your wheels are touching the brakes calipers...although i could be wrong,not 100% on what you are saying..

front or rear!

jack up van with wheel fitted,if front wheels,then take out of gear and spin wheel.!..does it move

jack up van with wheel fitted,if rear wheels,release handbrake and spin wheel!..does it move

if not then your wheels are touching the calipers,because of shallow mounting face on rear of wheels

what engine and van spec!

simon.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
if rear drum then wheel bolts maybe to long and jamming on the shoes?
could also be too long wheel bolts if pads and discs too,if wheel bolt is pushing through back of hub..

would prob have to be very long bolts though on the merc rims,as they have a very thick mounting on them..

what size bolts are you using!

·
Registered
237 Posts
could also be too long wheel bolts if pads and discs too,if wheel bolt is pushing through back of hub..

would prob have to be very long bolts though on the merc rims,as they have a very thick mounting on them..

what size bolts are you using!
thats true fella...had same prob on my bay but with drums so didnt know if it would do the same with discsT:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, seemed to have freed them off. 2001 SWB just put merc slk 16" on, witht he longer 45mm bolts. Seems OK now, anything to worry about? Cheers.T:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts