VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around weetjewel, they have an intersting article on noise proofing and using wheel arch insulation.

unfortunately the images on the article don't work any more,

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/diape/html/geluidsreductie.htm

Rear Axel

but the general gist is to use the wheel arch liners from the VR6 models to suit all needs, plus line the wheel arches with extra acoustic dampening material.

Parts 28, 29

7D1 810 971 A 01C
7D1 810 972 A 01C

And for the front axel

Since VW don't do front axel inner covers there are a few options, modify something similar, or maybe get yourself some of these badboys,

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-Bus-T4-Innenkotfluegel-Radhausschale-NEU_W0QQitemZ280357830910QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutoteile_Zubehör?hash=item4146a100fe&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1229|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

anyway thought this might be interesting for those people after the quiet ride!

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
that weetjewel link is boss if you can decipher it.
he carpeted them didn't he? i was looking at some audi ones to see if they would fit.

that fella took readings before and after to collect the quietness data with a sound level doofmawhatsit.
he also stuffed the gear stick inner rubber full of soundproofing.
(not too much that he couldn't change gear tho) T:

i got wind noise issues with my front screenat the mo so all that would be P:*g in the wind
but it's on my list

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My exhaust seems to be blowing at the moment, and when it isnt blowing it still sound slike a heard of elephants. Still when i got the silence route id be keep it go down this route. I think it woudl finish the front arches ncely as well, i don;t liek the way you can see the horns and back of the fog lights.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Good find, I've thought about extra sound deadening to get rid of the boom from the exhaust at certain speeds, so this would be a bit further down the list but it would help with stereo sound quality. Also a friend has a sound meter thingimajig, I borrowed it and my oldest son at full welly hit 120db, no wonder I'm deaf....what was that.. twelve o'clock.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i got wind noise issues with my front screenat the mo so all that would be P:*g in the wind
but it's on my list[/QUOTE]

So have I...it sounds like there's a gap around the screen on the passenger side but I can't find it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts