VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just bought these wheels for my t4 and need to know which wheel nuts to use, sorry if this has been repeated :eek: but ive searched a few threads and cannot seem to find a definate answer :confused:Please help out and save my van a life on rusty missmatched steels :D these are the wheels ive bought

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Alloy wheel bolts
Tappered M14 1.5
Should do the trick :ILU: Dont use your standard bolts ;)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I had them as reps off ATU in Germany on a A4 I sold while having my export-business;)
So, YES they where available as rep`sI:
At that time available from ATU in 15 & 16"

Correct Paul, A8 had them as 17", but I assumed the one pictured are not due to size
Please do correct me though:)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Supplied through ATU, made by ALUETT
Similar reps available also today
The ones I had could not be told apart visually from the original ones
As far as my recolection goes & owners comments where made:)

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Thanks Nelds T: just wondering if audi wheel bolts would work, as they held them on the original car and a tyre fitter pal of mine says they are the same thread :)
yes mate they will be the same thread i.e 1.50 but just check the lengh...put stud through the wheel,you are looking for at least 20mm thread showing for them to bite nice

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes mate they will be the same thread i.e 1.50 but just check the lengh...put stud through the wheel,you are looking for at least 20mm thread showing for them to bite nice
thanks ive got a vw scrappy about half a mile from my house so ill have a measure up monday T:

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Thanks Nelds T: just wondering if audi wheel bolts would work, as they held them on the original car and a tyre fitter pal of mine says they are the same thread :)
Hi
they wont be long enough
standard audi bolts are 27mm thread
the t4 needs a minimum of 35mm as the discs are thicker than a car and the hubs have more thread due too it being a commercial vehicle .T:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah good news ill give them a call tomorrow thanks for the info T:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts