VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just ask a real easy question but I dont know just took 15in steel wheel of my t4 and put 17in alloys on used the wheel bolts do I need alloy wheel bolts and if so what size not driven van yet till I know for sure.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
There are radius and tapered bolts......you need the correct ones for the wheels.
Make sure you torque them up to the correct rate for the alloys you have.....120Nm for mine, but some are 140Nm or more.
Also.....check the alloys you have are load rated for your van, and remember to tell your insurance company what wheels you have fitted. (If they are not rated/company not aware...expect to lose your house if you have an accident!...yeah..the companies DO check!...and a £500,000 injury bill all comes down to YOU)

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
There are radius and tapered bolts......you need the correct ones for the wheels.
Make sure you torque them up to the correct rate for the alloys you have.....120Nm for mine, but some are 140Nm or more.
Also.....check the alloys you have are load rated for your van, and remember to tell your insurance company what wheels you have fitted. (If they are not rated/company not aware...expect to lose your house if you have an accident!...yeah..the companies DO check!...and a £500,000 injury bill all comes down to YOU)
Good point on wheel bolt torque, steels are 170Nm with 2 different types of bolt from 2001 solid in black and with loose washer in silver with corresponding wheels which are not interchangeable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts